Friday, 20 March 2015

Today is...

...INTERNATIONAL DAY OF HAPPINESS!

No, really, it's a thing.  It was on the BBC, so it must be true.

And today I have a little happy gift for the (Crafting) world.  Seriously, at the risk of sounding like one of those adverts that pop up just when you don't expect them:

"Redhill Mum finds amazing crafting secret that costs pennies and will change your life"

Look!



Stick your Tombow glue upside down into this 49p candlestick thingy from IKEA using blutak and then stick the candlestick to your craft desk with more blutak.  You will never need to shake the glue down again, and will be able to open it with one hand, ready to use, see:

.






















In the words of little Lola: I am really ever so absolutely happy about this! 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing! I have a couple of these too, never use candles!!!!!! So out of the cupboard they come...thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linny! One to use, one to give. Thanks for commenting. x

      Delete
  2. I LOOOOOVE this idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilian, hope you find it useful....

      Delete
  3. Yes! that's what I'm talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I'm going to make a holder out of polymer clay! Why didn't I think of this sooner? Thanks for a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, and it will be prettier than mine too :)

      Delete
  5. wow great idea I will have to but the glue first I have not seen it here in Australia but I will look if I can get it I will do this I always use Helmar glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Suzanne. My favourite Aussie Stampin Up demonstrator Tanya has loads of ideas and you can order all sorts of lovely goodies including this brilliant glue (and believe me, less is definitely more as it is sooooo sticky) by phone email or online at http://stampingt.com.au/blog/

      Delete
  6. This is such a smartthing to do. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Lucille, hope you try it, you certainly won't regret it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.