Friday, 13 February 2015

Nom nom....

...as you know dear reader, I am not a keen cook, but I am VERY keen on eating, so when I saw a recipe for a no-cook superfood healthy sweet snack, I thought that sounded pretty cool. They're called "Ultimate Energy Bites", the recipe is on Ella Woodward's lovely blog here, and my eldest and I made some last night. Yum.  All I can say is, it's a miracle there are any left. They are sort of like a chocolatey-er, firmer, smoother, slightly coconutty version of fig roll filling, are refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free and packed with "superfoods" like almonds, cacao, coconut oil, linseed and chia seeds, so although they are delicious you don't need to feel guilty eating them (well, we'll let the scales be the judge of that next week, but for the moment, they are classed as "good" in my head...).

Ella says roll them into balls, but I remembered my silicone chocolate button mould and that worked great!  They apparently keep fine in the fridge (don't suppose they last long enough to be honest), but are also lovely and chewy straight from my freezer.  Here they are going into one of my stack-a-boxes... (blimey, now I'm giving the impression of someone who actually likes being in the kitchen, eeeeek, no, it's the craft room for me every time!).  I admit they look a bit dingy, but go see the photos on Ella's blog, they look much nicer!  These would look v. cute packaged up into little gift bags, if I managed not to eat them first.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.