Thursday, 13 November 2014

Use it or lose it...

... think Big.

Ok, esteemed reader, put your hand up if you have some 12x12 designer paper you don't love.  You know, the stuff that's not in that pile you get out and stroke every so often (other people do that too, right?).  Maybe it's that garish stripe, or the wishy washy geometric print, or the bit that has a rip out of one side?

Oh, you DO have some?  Well, my challenge to you, dear reader, is to use it or lose it!

I had a couple of pieces of 12x12 that just weren't ringing my bell and I was about to dump them, when I thought back to the cards I received on my recent birthday.  They were nearly all quite large, but usually when I make cards, they are small.  Why?  Could it be because I'm a little bit precious with my paper and don't like to actually use it up? As I had no such reservations for my unloved paper, today I chopped it up and used it to make lovely big A5 cards instead of the usual A6. Two sympathy cards out of some black and white butterfly damask-y paper, two birthdays out of a very loud stripe.  I easily found some StampinUp matching A4 cardstock to matt and mount them, a bit of ribbon and a greeting, and ta da, some nice big cards.  These two are mounted on one of the new in-colours, "hello honey", a lovely warm yellow:




Guess what?  Turns out I rather like the paper now that it's on the cards!

Thanks for coming, do visit tomorrow for another designer paper related post!

Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.