Thursday, 25 September 2014

Hello stranger...

...it's been ages.  Thank you for still checking in!  My fault of course - I have got out of the swing of blogging, mostly because I have had lot of trouble with my camera but am too tight to replace it because it does sort of work sometimes.  But yesterday I was gripped with a passion to create something and I'm thrilled with the result.

As you may have noticed I love a bit of punch art and I saw a super-cute little geisha girl on PInterest.  I tracked it down as far as Aussie SU demo Kylie Bertucci, who in turn credits her sister-in-law Angela with the idea, but there is no further link or instructions.  I immediately started experimenting, and also set to Googling geisha art and images and have come up with this cute little lady.   For starters I have used her for a good luck card - several people I know have offspring going to Japan to teach. I thought she looked like she might be making a wish as her eyes were closed, so I used a "make a wish" sentiment from my stash and the little airplane from the SU set called Around the World.



I used three punches: Stampin Up's large oval, StampinUp's Word Window and a round punch for the hair.  This little design such a good way of using up small scraps of designer paper, and lots of potential for changing her "look".  

Hope you like her, the instructions will be in my next post!

3 comments:

  1. Helen she is just gorgeous and I see what you mean about the potential for changing her look. Looking forward to seeing how you made her! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicky
      Thanks for your kind comment! The post is up now... xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.