Monday, 4 November 2013

A one-day Linus quilt...

...that I made recently.

Last Saturday there was a quilting day for the local Linus Project.  Liz, the coordinator, hired a hall and set up a sort of quilter sweatshop.  Tea, coffee and some unfeasibly nice carrot cake were available as well as plenty of prepared fabric packs, and some quilty bargains.  I managed to piece this very simple quilt top by half past two, then took it home to quilt and bind at home, finally finishing at 10:30.  How satisfying!

Hopefully a child will be enjoying this in the near future.

If you'd like to get involved, have a look at the Project Linus website or get in touch with me.
 

1 comment:

  1. Good grief - you are a superwoman! It would've taken me that long to debate whether or not to have a slice of that unfeasibly delicious carrot cake! Seriously though, I think Project Linus is a lovely way to help children and I can certainly imagine the comfort your quilt will bring. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.