Tuesday, 3 September 2013

My leaf-shaped mini-book...

... is ready to complete; here it is, unembellished so far, but it might get a bit more dressy as the month goes on:


Habit 1 - starting easy 


And a blank page just waiting - how inspiring, so pretty!

And a few words about method.  I have found with projects like these that they fall by the wayside if they take too long, plus they can create a lot of mess, so I have decided to do it in a very simple way - just the resolution will be enough, I might add a pic or photo if the moment strikes. but am not going to let it hold me up.  I love the papers so much I don't mind not covering them up!   I have a box and have assembled everything I can envisage needing, pens, glue, scissors, spare papers, die cut lined paper, notebook and here it is:

Oh yes, and when I mentioned mess, this is the kind of thing I mean...

Yuk.

Finally, I mentioned my squash-drinking resolution to my husband this morning and he expressed incredulity that anyone would want to read about it.  So, I have decided not to bore you with daily photos, but will just produce an update occasionally!

10 comments:

  1. The book is gorgeous!!!! And, of course we want to read about it!!!!!! Feel free to share daily photos if you are inspired to do so...we will read whatever you post!!! You inspire us!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a very kind lady! And as it turns out, I haven't got access to a camera this week so won't be able to post any photos.

      Delete
  2. WOW!!!! what a pretty little book and a brilliant idea! I really love that pic of your dogs hahahaha!!!! Don't listen to hubby....you write what you like :D

    Thank you for joining us over at Tando and good luck my lovely

    Karen from Tando x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. The Pic's great isn't it, sadly they are not mine, but I just love how crazy they look x

      Delete
  3. The book is a fab idea and I love the leaf shape. I'm quite happy to see a pic every day Helen! And also, as mess goes, that's quite a pretty mess I think! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very good idea, and I love your mini-book with a shape of leaf and your mess after creation lol!! Thank you for sharing with us at Tando. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, you're very kind. I will have an update on the project in the next few days...

      Delete
  6. what a great idea - Thank you for sharing at Tando this month - Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun mini book! I love the patterned paper you selected for the pages. Thanks for joining the Tando Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.