Friday, 12 July 2013

Shades of grey...

...well, I guess I'm not a fan of the books or the colour, but the less is more challenge ("at least two shades of grey") has been in the back of my mind this week, and when I saw Kristina Werner's cut out card, my little brain cells started clicking.
Here's the picture...

And here's the picture that inspired her...

Aren't they great? I haven't got a Silhouette machine, or the skills to handcut but these two inspired me to try some cutting some letters using the narrow plates that I bought recently for my Big Shot.  I laid them over only half of the letter die and sure enough it half-cut some letters, then I used a craft knife to slice the excess paper off.  I have quite a way to go to perfect this technique, but I thought I'd show you my first attempt in the spirit of honesty (and a little bit to prove that you can do it without a Silhouette cutter!).

I wish I had not drawn the lines around the letters, they are not stuck on, promise!  The next version will be "ombre" style in my fave colour - pink!

PS I found out a tip today about the glitter paper I used to frame the card - if you're using your paper trimmer, cut it from the back as it's easier on the trimmer blade...

3 comments:

  1. This looks just great. You've used the inspiration beautifully.. A terrific card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card. Great job on the letters too.
    Thank you so much for visiting my Blog. Have a great weekend. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea Helen - I can't wait to see the pink ombre version! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.