Monday, 24 June 2013

Wrinkles are beautiful...

...yes they are!

I have had a lovely "Crafty Monday" today, exploring fabric textures.  We used Bondaweb, all sorts of printed fabrics to make textured pictures, free motion embroidery, stitch and flip quilting, and I remembered at the last minute an amazing fabric called "Shrink Polyester" that I bought at a craft fair earlier in the year.  You stitch it to your fabric layers and then iron it gently.  The polyester shrinks and creates artful wrinkles in your fabric... Look!

How fun is that?  The one above was Karen's (don't you just love those vibrant colours?), I cut my piece into two and made some cards with it, using some very pretty Stampin'Up card stock (certainly celery and marina mist) and the gorgeous silver glitter sheet:

I try to include new techniques in all my Crafty Monday workshops, so why not come along and learn something new?

PS I also learned today what happens if you put your Bondaweb the wrong way up when you iron it...you have to go and buy a new ironing board cover, that's what!  Not doing that again!

6 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous!!!!! I wish I could be there for crafty mondays!!!!!! I want to play!!! :) Thanks for sharing the amazing inspiration! I've been playing with fabric lately too...it can be very addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you're so lovely! I have been meaning to do this for MONTHS. What are you up to with fabric? I have bought loads of the Stampin Up fabrics in their clearance, and am planning to make bunting with it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet your bunting will be fabulous Helen - can't wait to see pics. I'm always amazed at the craftiness you get up to. I never would have thought this stuff would make nice cards but yours are just gorgeous! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have got to work on my bunting Vicky, using the BARGAIN Spice Cake and Comfort Cafe fabrics from SU. It is very sweet so far...Pictures coming when I have made a bit more

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a fun product, nice effect, I'll look out for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tessa. It would work brilliantly with offcuts of your lovely dyed silk xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.