Monday, 3 June 2013

ATCs...

...were the order of the day at my Crafty Monday workshop today.  The idea was to make an ATC and attach it temporarily to a card with a complimentary design.  On the back was an explanation of  what an ATC is, and the recipient is invited to swap the attached card, as well as design one of their own to swap.   I failed (again) to get a photo of those created at the workshop, but here's a photo of mine.


I used some little bits of far eastern-style handmade paper as a background to my under-the-sea ATC. I embossed a retired SU stamp in silver to make it stand out (I did get it a bit crooked, wish I'd used my Stampamajig).  The watery paper effect was produced using StampinUp ink refills in a spritzer, but don't ask me which colours, I did it so long ago...  After mounting this on black I realised it would be hard to write the details on it but then remembered my trusty Signo white gel pen (if you haven't got one of these, trust me, you need one, they are so useful)

I'd love to swap an ATC with you!  If you send me one, I will send you one of mine back in the post...

...and if you haven't got the foggiest idea what an ATC is,  here's what I put on the back of  the card:

ATC’s are ARTIST TRADING CARDS
In 1997, artist M. Vanci Stirnemann hand-made 1200 hand-made cards for an exhibition, and at the closing reception invited others to create their own cards and trade with him. Now,  ATCs are being traded by artists and crafters around the world, at swap events, in craft shops or by post.  There are only two rules with ATCs:  they must be 2.5” x 3.5”, and they can only be traded, not sold.  Include on the back your name, a contact point, title and any series number.
You can swap the attached card and even create your own from the enclosed blank - just let your imagination run wild! 
Where can you trade your cards? Google ATC's or visit Tiarahelen.blogspot.co.uk


This was a very useful site that I found through Google:
http://www.altered-art.net/swap-artist-trading-cards.html

3 comments:

  1. Pretty ATC and my favourite a seahorse too, now that is special. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BJ, in fact, I thought of you when I found that little seahorse in my bead tray! I was pleased to use it, because when I bought it I thought it was a bead but it turned out to have no hole in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen. Thanks for stopping by my table at the weekend :) Hope you enjoyed the day!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.