Friday, 31 May 2013

Getting inky...

...after a busy week.  Have been playing with markers and spritzers this evening - what a treat, just messing with ink! I've used a selection of blue and purple SU Stampin' markers to colour onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water, and plonked it down onto white cardstock (that's a technical term, apparently).  All sorts of effects ensued.  Once it was dry I experimented using white Craft ink with my favourite new SU stamps.  The smaller of the two flowers is from a brand new set called "Best of Flowers", four lovely floral stamps, the first of a series released monthly to celebrate SU's 25 years in business. The larger one is from the gorgeous "Secret Garden" which has fabulously crisp flower line drawn images along with two solid stamps.  Do get in touch to order either of these...

This was my favourite experiment, turned into a really simple "anything" card.  I just can't help using that white organza ribbon...



I'm entering this for the As You Like It favourite stamp challenge* and Tando's "purple/blue/white" draw.
*My answer to "why are these your favourite stamps" has to be "because they're the newest ones!" I pretty much always love my new set best!

6 comments:

  1. OOOH! So soft and lovely!!!! You have inspired me to play around with more backgrounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! This is one of my first sessions of background inking, definitely won't be my last, and all with a product I already had (StampinMarkers!). When I first finish a page, it might seem disappointing, but once it's cropped, it improved! Also, I found I needed to use some of a dark colour to stop it being too pastel. xx

      Delete
  2. what a pretty card thank you for sharing with Tando Creative Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tehehhee I LOVE new stamps too! great choice of favourite,
    Thanks for joining in with our Favourite Rubber Stamp challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree about new stamps Helen, I get all excited about mine too! I love your gorgeous inky card with those beautiful colours and the ribbon is the perfect finish. Had a giggle over the George Clooney link in your sidebar and If we can't have George SU goodies aren't a bad second! Enjoy your week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamp and the lovely blue background. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘Favourite Rubber Stamp’ challenge at the As You Like It Challenge.
    Our new challenge started today, favourite papers. I hope you can join us again.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.