Tuesday, 7 May 2013

A moment to celebrate...

... 10,000 views on my blog (as I upload this post)  And, nearly coincidence, also my 200th post.  It's very small on the scale of the blogosphere, but a fun and truly interesting journey and I have met some really lovely people. I'd also like to thank you, dear visitor, for your interest and kind comments. As I started doing this scrapbook page I realised I could also enter it for a challenge over at Shimelle's (scrapbook a milestone):



I have been busy this week making swops for the Stampin Up UK annual get together, and, not to give too much away, have been using three of my favourite SU products.  They are Crystal Effects (clear dimensional glue/ lacquer), 12x12 cardstock and the gorgeous and versatile bird builder punch.

So now a little quiz:

1) How many little birds have I managed to cut out of one single sheet of 12x12 cardstock?

2) What happens to Crystal Effects if you bung up the nozzle with a silver plated copper head pin?





Answers:
1) Believe it or not, I got 77 little birds out of one sheet.  Cut it into strips somewhat narrower than 3cm. Feed the strips in from the side of the punch with the tail pointing as far upwards as possible.
2) My crystal effects went a not-very-nice opaque dark blue colour and stayed being a good glue but obviously didn't do glazing any more. So not recommended then...

5 comments:

  1. What a generous lady you are Helen! And also what a gorgeous layout you've made to celebrate your milestone! My answers are:
    1. Bet you got 35 birds out of your sheet of 12x12 card stock
    2. The pin would stick very firmly to the nozzle!
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, missus! You got the closest answer to both questions, so you get the special alternative prize we discussed today at Telford! x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Helen! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen - was lovely to swap with you at Telford this weekend! Your bird brooch is fantastic, I love it and great that it came with instructions too!. Hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did! Kylie (hellostamper.blogspot.co.uk, the polka dot parade petite purse!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie
      I love that purse, I have the die on my wishlist, and your one will make a great addition to my samples table! Off to look at your blog...

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.