Monday, 8 April 2013

A challenge from less is more...

...really inspired me. The challenge, here, is "Black and Lime" and these colours together are so fabulously zingy, it almost actually makes my mouth water!

My entry could be a bit more "less", if you see what I mean, but I hope it still qualifies, it is certainly lime and black!

I used the stampin'up blossoms punch to cut out the flower silhouettes in black, layered three together, then just trimmed the tips of the blossoms.  I used teeny silver brads to attach them to to the background, and a designer builder brad grunged down with staz-on as a centrepiece.  The grungy machinery look was inspired by this month's "Craft Stamper" Magazine's Clocks and Cogs feature.

I have a feeling this might be my this year's "man" card...

5 comments:

  1. This is very cool. I really like the torn edges and the asymmetrical design.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Helen! Very grungy and deffo manly! :))
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great how you have adapted those punches, they really do look much more like cogs.
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect male card and love the cogs
    Love how you use the Lime and Black. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trimming the flower punchings to make cogs is a brilliant idea Helen and I love the ornate brad with them! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.