Friday, 1 March 2013

For every cloud ...

...a silver lining.

My craft area has got a bit (very) messy lately and I have to say I didn't even notice that one of my girls had put the iron down on my tray of scrap paper pieces.  And yesterday when I did finally see and move it, I realised that the iron had leaked water all over my paper - sticking pieces to each other and staining leaked colour everywhere.  I was annoyed to waste so much, but then decided to rescue the pieces by cutting what I could with my three blossoms punch.  I ended up with a huge rainbow of flower die cuts, then I started playing! I did all sorts of cards with varying success, but this one is my favourite:


Not quite sure about the layout, but I really love the way the flowers work with the stamp.

Then I got to work with the StampinUp bird builder punch (so bloomin' versatile) to go for an Easter theme:



I wondered if I could use the idea for something not-quite-Easter and came up with this:




And finally, I had this idea on the train this morning and couldn't wait to do it as soon as I got home - it makes me laugh, I hope it does you too:


I used the really versatile Polka dot designer paper pack which I can tell is going to become a staple, and mounted the little chicks with dimensionals to give a shadow without inking.

The Celebrate stamp was part of a free set that I got during last year's Sale-a-bration, and that reminds me to remind you that this year's Sale-a-bration freebies are unlikely ever to be available again, so get them while they're hot - A gift free for every £45 you spend with Stampin'Up!, including lovely paper and stamp sets, an embossing folder, ribbons....

2 comments:

  1. These are FAB Helen and the last one really did make me laugh! Love the way you used the wing of the bird for your chicks and birds. Have had a similar water incident when my helpful husband decided to water the plants over my cards laid out for an Open House event... it was almost divorce! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.