Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Pretty butterflies...

...form the basis of today's card.  You may remember I used the Stampin Up butterflies embosslits folder to stamp and emboss the butterflies for this framed picture...

The folder makes five butterflies, including one very small one, and I found after making a few of pictures that I had lots of the teeniest ones left over.  So last night I made this:
You could use any tree stamp base and I just used my super sticky tombow mono multi glue to attach the little critters by the middle, then added a touch of sparkle, and stamped a small message using my word window punch (much easier to get it straight that way!).

Not too long till the spring....

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you put all of these tiny butterflies to use!!!! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the framed picture - I imagine you look at the picture on a gray day and feel sunny!!!!! As for the man with the cider, it might be worth sitting out when he passes by and say hello - to build some type of relationship with him. I know it also helps me, when I need to make a request of someone, to begin by changing my heart and mind about that person. If I feel like they are a huge jerk, it becomes very difficult for me to say or do anything constructive. If your heart and mind are in a positive place, making the request of him to please use a bin v. your yard, might feel a lot less challenging :) Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you michelle! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to sit and wait for him, but you have made it clearer to me why I am getting so worked up, and how not to get so worked up.
      Glad you like the picture. x

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea to make a butterfly tree Helen! I love the touch of sparkle too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. I was thnking about Valentine's day and it might work with little hearts too - a good way to use up all those pesky scraps...

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.