Monday, 9 July 2012

Not boasting at all...

... today. Obviously, I try to show you things that I've made that I'm pleased with, but this time I thought I'd give you a laugh about something that went totally wrong today. 

It's my daughter's birthday and I thought I'd make a water-slide cake that I'd seen in a cake book.  This is what it's supposed to look like:


And this is how it turned out.... OUCH!


We've all agreed that it's the modelled swimmer that looks worst, as if she's drowned.  As my daughter would say: EPIC FAIL!!!!  May as well just eat it then...

6 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks great! Better than anything I could rustle up.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! It tastes really good, which is a consolation!

      Delete
  2. I made this one for my daughter's 7th birthday and it looked a lot worse than yours! Now my son wants it for his 7th birthday, aaaaaahhhhh!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Claire. Even if you didn't like your creation, it seems your son was extremely impressed! Do post a link to your creation when it's done, I'd love to see it....

      Good luck.

      Delete
  3. Upon orders from my 10 yr old I will be attempting this cake... The instructions on how to carve the cake aren't very clear though. Can anyone explain a different way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel
      Thanks for your comment! You can phone me if you like - 07814 918232, and I'll try to explain.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.