Thursday, 19 January 2012

Hello, it's been ages...

... I have been off-colour and low in energy since Christmas Eve and less and less inclined to blog, but I am happy to say that I feel much better, invigorated even, following a trip to the Stitch and Craft show at Sandown, with my friend Jen-down-the-road.  We had fun and spent too much money, but you only live once, right?

Now that I have got my camera back from my mum's where I left it last weekend, I thought I'd show you my new low-tech gadget, our family meal planner.  I made it using StampinUp's "domestic goddess" papers, which has a lovely vintage-y feel.  I've hardly seen this anywhere in the StampinUp community, and I feel it's been rather neglected.   But it has pride of place now on my fridge and is helping me keep my new year's resolution of planning more.  In fact my "one little word" for 2012 is  PLAN.  (If this sounds like gobbledegook to you, take a look at Ali Edwards' site here, it's very inspiring).



I made a large patchwork of the papers, laminated then made little meal labels by writing on a cut up a magnetic sheet. All I have to do is stick a meal against each day at the beginning of the week. And, reader, I'm using it! I thought having a planner would make me feel restricted but in fact, it makes me feel in control! Who knew????


What's your favourite family meal, maybe I could add it to my list?

Thanks for looking,
Helen x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to make a meal planner Helen! Cauliflower cheese is a favourite of ours - made with cauli, broccoli and chick peas in creamy cheese sauce, topped with cheese and bread crumbs and baked until the top is golden brown and crispy YUM! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicky
      Thanks so much for your comment. This sounds very tasty, I'd love it (I might leave out the chick peas!). My mum even used to put crisply bacon bits on to.
      Helen x

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.