Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Shimelle Laine's blog...

... is bursting with good ideas and I was interested to see her latest inspirational layout here.  It's part of a series of starting points for scrap book pages, and this starting point is to take lots of your scraps in one colour scheme, cut them into oblongs and arrange them into a page.  I never throw anything away, so I set to with the leftovers from my "brilliant" card.  I have a place where I keep some pictures I'd like to scrap, so I picked one out, added a few embellishments, and ta-da!, the quickest scrapbook page I ever made.  I'm very bad with hoarding my paper, and layering can feel like a "waste", but using scraps meant I didn't hesitate to overlap etc.

If you give this method a try (hope you do!), might I suggest that you use some sort of REPOSITIONABLE glue to start with - I did a lot of shuffling about before I was happy with the result, and tore a few pieces by mistake.  I guess if you're more used to this style you're probably better at getting it right first time.

Anyway, here it is (just over 13 years late, but who's counting?).  I might add a few more embellishments, and will definitely take a better photo when we get some sunshine here (it's still the summer but you wouldn't think so).  This is actually on a lovely yellow card from SU called "so saffron".



I liked it so much that I immediately used the rest of the scraps on a matching one for her sister:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.