Saturday, 24 September 2011

A nostalgic visit to Lille...

... with the friends I met when I lived there over 25 years ago. (can it really be that long?).

I have been wanting to scrapbook these photos for ages, but have been looking for the right paper, which I finally spotted this week.  There are several techniques on it that I've been meaning to try: doodling (top right), bordering photos with paint (I used white gesso), and using the cute Postcard stamp from Stampin'Up's Winter Post stamp set for journalling.  I used Red Riding Hood ink to stamp and do the writing, which I was hesitant about as there is very little red in the photos, but I think it's ok after all.  Finally, I also used the gesso to knock back a bit of the writing that was on the original 12x12 page, as I didn't want it to look like I'd written it as part of the journalling.

I've got some very nice "early espresso" satin ribbon, I'm wondering whether to add it down the left hand side, or maybe a rosette or two, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment! I´m not so good in English, so please excuse me, but I give my very-best ;)
    I like your older entries with the cards "A ice birthday!" they are very cute and the card with the owl in the tree, too! Maybe I can lift it?

    And what do you thinking about a tag or more tags about your layout, together with the "early espresso" ribbon?
    It´s just an idea ;)

    LG,

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanja - go ahead, lift away, it's a compliment! I have already put on the ribbon and tags are a great idea, thank you!

    Viel Spass!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.