Thursday, 16 June 2011

I like little boxes...

...and I came across a really neat box design yesterday that I just had to have a go at. It's so clever, the lid is built in to the design, and I found it on this blog. This lady is truly commited to papercraft - she must have been cutting and folding non-stop for months to achieve these amazing displays for her wedding and I think she and the decorations looked gorgeous. My first attempt's on the right.

I thought I'd adjust the instructions to convert them to cm and so that you can fit two of the rectangles onto a 12"x 12" page (they measure 14cm x 18cm each). Once you've watched Catherine's video the diagram below will make perfect sense! You just score and fold at the cm lines marked in the circles, cut out the blue shaded bits and use tape where it says.


Hope you find it useful, I'd love to hear how you got on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Please feel free to link to your own related projects, Helen x.